Discover a classic slice of Italy in style and with unique highlights!
Italia Speciale arranges unique and exclusive experiences with our local partners in Tuscany that will make your holiday very special.
We combine enjoyable walking tours of Florence with guided visits of Siena, Pisa, Lucca and the whole of the region for a proper taste of Tuscany.
Enjoy our very special Rome to Florence (or viceversa) tailored transfer professionally guided by our partners who will give you an insight on Tuscany's lesser known gems as you reach your destination through Montepulciano, Pienza, the Chianti region and Val d'Orcia.
Enjoy our Foodie & Cooking in Tuscany proposals featuring visits to Italy's most famous Parmigiano and Balsamic Vinegar producers, fine dining at Michelin-rated venues, visit to the Ferrari Museum and a full-on shopping day at Florence's most celebrated designer outlets to make it an unforgettable and special stay.
All proposals also feature incredible Add-ons.
Tuscany Foodie & Cookery Experience
7 days / 6 nights
DAY ONE – Thursday
Rome – Montepulciano – Pienza – Montalcino&Brunello - Val d’Orcia & Chianti
Villa d’Arte AgriResort (or similar)
DAY TWO - Friday
Florence – Cookery Experience – Essence of Florence
· After breakfast it'll be straight to the marvellous city of Florence and.... sleeves up for a cooking session at our exclusive Florentine venue, Desinare!
· This afternoon you will visit Florence on a walk with your host
· Dinner will be a fine-dining experience in the heart of Florence at our exclusive venue that once belonged to the Medici Family, Locale…a true destination!
DAY THREE – Saturday
Foodie Discovery – Firenze Vecchia
· This morning you will head out on a unique "Explore & Nibble" experience with your host
· Our destination will be Florence's most authentic food market Sant'Ambrogio with a selected Cheese tasting with Truffled pecorino "tartufone" and other different aged pecorinos, northern Italy cheeses, fresh ricotta, mozzarella etc., followed by a transfer to Florence's most authentic quarter of Santo Spirito in the "Oltrarno" for a Bread tasting in a famous local bakery with schiacciata all'olio, pane toscano, pane ai cereali, crostata, "cantuccini di Prato" biscuits etc..
· We will also look out for our favourite butcher for a tasting of typical finocchiona, salame di cinghiale, prosciutto, coppa, etc.
· This afternoon will feature a visit to Florence's old "botteghe" (artisans workshops), with the possibility to choose between mosaic, gold, leather, hand-made shoes and time for shopping
· Chance to visit the several art galleries close to the workshops
· Dinner will be either in Florence or back at Villa d’Arte AgriResort
· Transfer back to Villa d’Arte AgriResort
DAY FOUR – Sunday
Drive through the Tuscan countryside – Balsamic Vinegar – San Gimignano – Fattoria Sant’Appiano – Badia
· This morning we say goodbye to our hosts at Villa d’Arte AgriResort as we head further into the Chianti region
· Our drive through the Chianti countryside will take us by the beautiful medieval towns of Greve in Chianti and Montefioralle
· Light lunch at our beloved Casanova farm in Chianti, where the owners will show their farm specialties: olive oil, balsamic vinegar and wine with a quick tour of their property
· Dessert will be in the beautiful town of San Gimignano with a visit and chance to enjoy a world prize winner for best Gelato in the world at "Gelateria Dondoli"
· Then you will reach your next (not-only)-accomodation:, the beautiful Fattoria di Sant'Appiano in the middle of the Tuscan countryside
· Welcome aperitif with a visit of the ancient villa, the estate and the cellars of the farm, which are in an original 13th century cellar-grotto
· Dinner will be at ItaliaSpeciale's favourite restaurant in the Chianti region: Antica Scuderia in the nearby town of Badia a Passignano
· Good night's rest
DAY FIVE - Monday
Cookery Experience - Castello – Winery - Ceramics
· After breakfast, this morning will feature a Cookery Experience under the expert guidance of our Hosts and Chefs at Fattoria Sant’Appiano
· Lunch to sample the fruits of our labour
· In the afternoon we will reach the Castle of Brolio for a visit and to enjoy one of Tuscany's most breathtaking views.
· Then a short stroll down the hill to reach the castle's cellars, property of the Ricasoli family, where they make their famous wines
· On the way back to our Fattoria Sant'Appiano, visit of a local Ceramics workshop, where you can see artists painting live on their ceramic pieces, followed by a beautiful drive through the most fascinating area of the Chianti to return to our Fattoria Sant'Appiano
· Dinner will be in a restaurant nearby
DAY SIX - Tuesday
Truffle Hunt – Sant’Antimo Abbey - Siena
· After breakfast , this morning will feature a truffle hunt with your hosts!
· Truffle lunch at their venue with outstanding views of the countryside and of the town of San Gimignano in the distance, culminating with Sant'Appiano's award-winning Vinsanto!
· This afternoon we will reach Siena for a romantic evening visit
· Time permitting, we will make a quick stop at the mystical Sant'Antimo Abbey, where monks usually pray singing Gregorian chants.
· Visit and time in Siena with dinner at our excellent venue
· We do recommend our experience in a small deli shop in the heart of the city centre where the owners produce very special cold cuts (mortadella di cinghiale, soprassata di carni miste ecc) and amazing "Composte", special jams of mixed products like fruit, vinegar, liquors, truffle etc.
· Later this evening we head back to Fattoria Sant’Appiano
DAY SEVEN - Wednesday
The Tuscan Coast – Argentario Peninsula – Fish Lunch - Rome
· After breakfast, this morning it is time to say good bye to our hosts at Fattoria Sant'Appiano
· Our trip back to Rome will be a further journey of discovery as we drive along the Tuscan coastline with a few en-route stops
· Fish lunch will be on the stunning Argentario peninsula near Porto Ercole
· After lunch, a short drive around the area, which offers splendid views of the sea and coastline
· Then we will take the Aurelia highway to reach FCO in Rome...arrivederci Italia!
*Lunch on Day One and Day Seven are both strictly connected to flight arrival and departure