Northern Italy Tour
Rome - Tuscany – Italian Riviera - Piedmont & Barolo – Bergamo
8 Days / 7 Nights
Optional Venice OR Abruzzo Extension
Rome – Montepulciano – Wine Tasting of Excellence - Pienza - Val d’Orcia- Siena
Tuscany Val d’Orcia & Chianti: Siena – San Gimignano - Florence
· After breakfast, a leisurely guided walk around Siena, Tuscany’s most beautiful medieval town with its fascinating Piazza Del Campo, home to the famous Palio di Siena
· You will immerse yourself into a breathtaking world of history, art and traditions
· Then we drive through the lush Chianti region of Tuscany towards Florence*
· We will reach the lovely town of San Gimignano along the Via Francigena for lunch and to admire its walled medieval town that beautifully preserves its landmark Towers and medieval, Romanesque and Gothic architecture, making it a UNESCO World Heritage Site
· We then reach Florence for the evening
· Before venturing off for your dinner, we will offer a delightful Aperitivo on our terrace with lovely views of Florence
· A good night’s sleep
*Exclusive option: we will offer the exclusive opportunity to experience the lush Tuscan countryside by Ferrari. Please enquire.
Florence Art & Culture – Foodie Experience
· After an early breakfast, Florence in all its beauty and cultural significance that inspired the glorious Poet Dante
· This morning you will head out on a unique experience with your host
· Time to experience the open air Museum that Florence actually is throughout its centuries of history: Piazza della Signoria, Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral, Piazza del Duomo, etc…
· You will visit the Oltrarno area to explore Florence's old "botteghe", where are artisans will be working away creating masterpieces of silk, bronze, mosaic, gold, leather, hand-made shoes and carved wood
· For lunch, a stop at one of Florence's most authentic foodie venues for a tasting experience of the Tuscany’s most typical delicacies, from Truffled pecorino "tartufone" and other different aged pecorinos, to fresh ricotta, mozzarella etc., accompanied by local breads and desserts: schiacciata all'olio, pane toscano, pane ai cereali, crostata, "cantuccini di Prato" biscuits etc..
· We will also get our favourite butcher to prepare a tasting of typical finocchiona, salame di cinghiale, prosciutto, coppa, etc.
· We recommend dinner at our favourite local places in Florence, where the locals go!
· A good night’s sleep
The Italian Riviera – Fish Lunch - Piedmont & Barolo Wine Countryside
· After an early breakfast, departure towards Piedmont and the land of the famous Barolo wines
· Our drive will take us along the marvellous Italian Riviera in the Liguria region dotted by rugged cliffs, turquoise coves and the picturesque pastel seaside towns and fishing villages know as the Cinque Terre
· Lunch will be at a local Trattoria over the Ligurian Sea in one of the lovely seaside towns along the coast
· After lunch we head to the Piedmont region to reach the heartland of Barolo wines, the very village of Barolo that will welcome us with its beautiful landscape and magnificent groomed hills and vineyards guarded by imposing medieval castles of the nearby villages
· Check-in at your hotel in Barolo or nearby followed by an exquisite dinner paired with the best Italian wines in the world!
· A good night’s rest
Alba Truffle & Gourmet Cookery Experience
· After a leisurely breakfast, today we will experience the sweeping hills of Piedmont’s Le Langhe and the Piedmont countryside at its absolute finest
· Our destination is the marvellous pre-Roman town of Alba, world-renowned among true gourmet connoisseurs for its black and white truffle centennial tradition and its international white truffle auction
· Our Hosts today will be waiting at the local Farmers’ Market to select the finest local ingredients for our special private Cookery Class in town, a truly unique experience
· Our Cookery session will feature the most traditional Italian dishes from Northern Italy that will also be served for lunch paired with excellent regional Barbaresco and Nebbiolo wines
· Afternoon at leisure in Alba with a chance to visit the local shops and tasting black and white-truffle delicacies
· Time permitting, a visit to a local Truffle Estate to pick up some fresh truffle for dinner back in Barolo
· Early evening Aperitivo in Barolo with a wine & pairing tasting session
· A good night’s sleep
Asti & Italian Spumante Tasting – Lombardy - Bergamo Alta
· This morning, a leisurely breakfast and check-out for yet another day of unique flavours and tasteful experiences
· We explore the heartland of Italian Spumante sparkling wines and vineyards in the elegant Asti region
· We will visit the vineyards and a winery estate to understand how sparkling wines come to life to offer that unique moment of pleasure to the palate
· Italian Spumante tasting lunch to follow in the idyllic countryside of Asti and Monferrato
Taste of Bergamo Foodie Experience – San Pellegrino Water - Bergamo Crafts & Workshops
Extension #1: Venice & The Venice Experience (3 days/2 nights)
DAY EIGHT (extension #1 - optional)
Transfer to Milan Airport OR Verona & Amarone – Piazza Erbe – Arena
Romeo & Juliet - Venice
· After a leisurely breakfast and check-out, our destination today is Venice
· En-route visit and lunch in Verona at one of its finest restaurants with spectacular dishes paired with the local Amarone wine
· The town of Romeo & Giulietta of Shakespearean fame, in Verona you will have a chance to take a casual stroll through this fascinating medieval town to admire the Arena di Verona Amphitheatre, the elegant Piazza delle Erbe of the charming Verona Antica and the very famous Juliet’s Balcony at Casa dei Capuleti
· After lunch, we head towards Venice to reach our Hotel and dinner arranged by Guests followed by a good night’s rest
DAY NINE (extension #1 - optional)
Venice - Piazza San Marco & Basilica – Palazzo Ducale
Canal Grande Campi & Campielli – Murano - Gondola
DAY TEN (extension #1 - optional)
Venice Airport & OPTIONS…Arrivederci Italia!
· After an early breakfast, transfer to Venice Airport OR Optional Activities please to assist with:
o Extension anywhere in Italy
o Drive along the Coast to Abruzzo for an amazing MasterExperience in the region
o Any other idea before arrivederci Italia!
Extension #2: Abruzzo MasterExperience by Ferrari (4 days/3 nights)
DAY EIGHT (extension #2 - optional)
Transfer to Milan Airport OR Abruzzo MasterExperience
· After an early breakfast and check-out, you will catch a morning flight from Bergamo to Pescara, in the beautiful Abruzzo region
DAY NINE (extension #2 - optional)
Vegetarian class at “Il Mulino” Agriturismo – Mozzarella making
DAY TEN (extension #2 - optional)
“Saffron Valley” & Saffron Masterclass & Olive Oil Tasting
Medieval Santo Stefano di Sessanio – Sunset at Rocca Calascio
DAY ELEVEN (extension #2 - optional)
Roman Sulmona – Market Day – Rome
Northern Italy Tour
Tuscany – Italian Riviera - Piedmont & Barolo – Bergamo
Venice OR Abruzzo Extension
Highlights & What's included for
“Northern Italy Tour”
€2990 eur pp (Hotels arranged by Guests) || €4350 pp all-in with our 3S & 4S Hotels
A word on Tipping
At Italia Speciale and Abruzzo1 our mission is to assure only the best experiences possible around Abruzzo and Italy through our highly selected network of Partners and Hosts, all committed to delivering the highest standards of knowledge and service to our guests. We do this by nature and soul, as proud as we are of our proposals and our people. Tips are never expected and always come as a nice bonus for our partners.
A token of gratitude. Ideally your Host should collect €75 eur in cash per guest on Day 3 to cover all tips that deserve to be shared among all Partners.
Tips are not compulsory by any means, and should be given exclusively for high quality service.