Tuscany Discovery Cookery & Foodie Experience
(7 days / 6 nights: Mon-Sun)
Rome – Montepulciano – Pienza – Montalcino&Brunello - Val d’Orcia
Foodie Discovery – Firenze Vecchia
· This morning you will head out on a unique "Explore & Nibble" experience with your host
· Our destination will be Florence's most authentic food market with a selected Cheese tasting with Truffled pecorino "tartufone" and other different aged pecorinos, northern Italy cheeses, fresh ricotta, mozzarella etc., followed by a transfer to Florence's most authentic quarter for a Bread tasting in a famous local bakery with schiacciata all'olio, pane toscano, pane ai cereali, crostata, "cantuccini di Prato" biscuits etc..
· We will also look out for our favourite butcher for a tasting of typical finocchiona, salame di cinghiale, prosciutto, coppa, etc.
· This afternoon will feature a driving tour to Piazzale Michelangelo and to the Church of San Miniato, including a the city centre and surrounding area for a full immersion into the art, history and sites of Florence!
· Dinner at our favourite local place in Florence, where the locals go!
· Transfer back to your accommodation
Florence – Cookery Experience – Essence of Florence
· After breakfast it'll be straight to the marvellous city of Florence and.... sleeves up for a cooking session at an exclusive Florentine venue
· Visit the kitchen before setting off to pick up the ingredients and groceries with your host to prepare lunch
· This afternoon you will visit the Oltrarno area to explore Florence's old "botteghe", where are artisans will be working away creating masterpieces of silk, bronze, mosaic, gold, leather, hand-made shoes and carved wood
· Time at leisure for shopping before dinner in the heart of Florence
· Transfer back to your accommodation
Drive through the Tuscan countryside – Balsamic Vinegar – San Gimignano Badia a Passignano
· This morning we say goodbye to our hosts as we head further into the Chianti region
· Our drive through the Chianti countryside will take us by the beautiful medieval towns of Greve in Chianti and Montefioralle, hometown of Amerigo Vespucci
· Light lunch at our beloved local farm in Chianti, where the owners will show their farm specialties: olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Chianti wine with a quick tour of their property
· Dessert will be in the beautiful town of San Gimignano with a visit and chance to enjoy a world prize winner for best Gelato in the world at "Gelateria Dondoli"
· Then you will reach your next accommodation in the middle of the Tuscan countryside
· Welcome aperitif with a visit of the ancient villa, the estate and the cellars of the farm, which are in an original 13th century cellar-grotto
· Dinner will be at ItaliaSpeciale's favourite restaurant in the Chianti region in the nearby town of Badia a Passignano
· Good night's rest
Cookery Experience - Castle – Winery - Ceramics
· After breakfast, this morning will feature a Cookery Experience under the expert guidance of our Hosts and Chefs at our accommodation
· Lunch to sample the fruits of our labour
· In the afternoon we will reach a nearby Castle for a visit and to enjoy one of Tuscany's most breathtaking views.
· Then a short stroll down the hill to reach the castle's cellars, where our hosts make their famous wines
· On the way back to our accommodation, visit to a local Ceramics workshop, where you can see artists painting live on their ceramic pieces, followed by a beautiful drive through the most fascinating area of Chianti
· Dinner will be in a restaurant nearby
Truffle Hunt – Sant’Antimo Abbey - Siena
· After breakfast , this morning will feature a truffle hunt with your hosts!
· Truffle lunch at their venue with outstanding views of the countryside and of the town of San Gimignano in the distance, culminating with our hosts’ award-winning Vinsanto!
· This afternoon we will reach Siena for a romantic evening visit
· Time permitting, we will make a quick stop at the mystical Sant'Antimo Abbey, where monks usually pray singing Gregorian chants.
· Visit and time in Siena with dinner at our excellent venue
· We do recommend our experience in a small deli shop in the heart of the city centre where the owners produce very special cold cuts (mortadella di cinghiale, soprassata di carni miste ecc) and amazing "Composte", special jams of mixed products like fruit, vinegar, liquors, truffle etc.
· Later this evening we head back to our accommodation
The Tuscan Coast – Argentario Peninsula – Fish Lunch - Rome
· After breakfast, this morning it is time to say good bye to our hosts
· Our trip back to Rome will be a further journey of discovery as we drive along the Tuscan coastline with a few en-route stops
· Fish lunch will be on the stunning Argentario peninsula near Porto Ercole
· After lunch, a short drive around the area, which offers splendid views of the sea and coastline
· Then we will take the Aurelia highway to reach FCO in Rome...arrivederci Italia!
*Lunch on Day One and Day Seven are both strictly connected to flight arrival and departure
Highlights & What's included
Exclusive Add-ons: Ferrari &Lamborghini or Vintage car
A word on Tipping
At Italia Speciale our mission is to assure only the best experiences possible around Italy through our highly selected network of Partners and Hosts, all committed to delivering the highest standards of knowledge and service to our guests. We do this by nature and soul, as proud as we are of our proposals and our people. Tips are never expected and always come as a nice bonus for our partners.
Should you feel the need to share a token of gratitude, ideally your Host should collect €75 eur in cash per guest on Day 3 to cover all tips that deserve to be shared among all Partners. Tips are not compulsory by any means, and should be given exclusively for high quality service.
Payment: Bank Transfer + bank charges | Credit Card: +3.5% | Cash: €100 eur discount
Italia Speciale - Leonardo De Flaviis